Tuesday, March 18, 2008

DrEaMs

Last night I was so tired and couldn't wait to go to sleep. Just before bed, I went out to the kitchen to get some water and saw that the computer was still on. So much for going to bed! I went blog hoping and added some new songs to my playlist. It was so much fun! I didn't get to bed until 1:30 a.m. For some reason blogs get me in the best mood! I was totally wired even though I knew I was tired so I was lying there for about 20 minutes, letting my mind wonder, when I felt Rich shaking. My first thought was, "Is he having a seizure?" Then he stopped for a second and started shaking again, I thought, "oh, no, I wonder what he is dreaming about?!" Then I was startled by a big, "HAAAWWWW!" noise that he let out. (It sounded like a deaf person trying to talk, if you know what I am talking about...and that is nothing mean towards deaf people; I just don't know how else to describe the noise)! I starting cracking up and Rich had woken himself up by making that noise and started laughing with me. He said, "Babe, someone was sitting on me and I was trying to call for you!" You know that feeling in your dreams when you are trying to yell or say something, but it won't come out...I think that's what happened, but it sounded like "HHHAAAWWW!" LOL!! (Try making that noise out loud right now with some slur and it will make you laugh). To all those reading this, this probably doesn't even sound funny, but it was hilarious, or maybe we were both really tired. Anyway, we couldn't stop laughing for like 15 minutes. He kept telling me I was so mean because I kept making the noise and he was embarrassed. And then he was wondering why I was in such a great mood and why I was acting like I just hung out with my girlfriends.....duh, I was reading blogs (puts me in the best mood)!
While I'm on the subject of embarrassing Rich, I might as well tell you a few other stories about him dreaming since we've been married....he talks in his sleep.
Story #1: One night Rich woke up and said loudly, "Where are the ladies?!!" I was sleeping, but awoke pretty alert, so I responded, "WHAT LADIES?" And he said, "The ladies with the samples?" He later claimed it was something to do with work...weird!
Story #2: I rolled over one night and I think my foot barely touched his leg, and he went from a dead sleep to sitting up, jumping out of bed, ripping our sheets off, screaming like a girl, yelling, "there's a spider in our bed, get out!!!!!!!!" I said, "Babe, it was just my foot!" He felt dumb.
Story #3: One night I woke up to Rich springing up to a sitting position, pointing his finger and aiming it at a moving object ( moving it in a semi circle around our room) and yelling REALLY loud, "WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WOHAAAA!" (It kind of sounded like a machine gun). I sat up fast; it scared the bageebees out of me at first. Once I started cracking up, he woke up and looked at me with a blank stare and went back to sleep.
Story #4: Rich had a very rough week at work last week and the stress was pretty high. He fell asleep on the couch early that evening and later when I woke him to come to bed, (he was still asleep) and said, very seriously and mad, "I'm telling you now...WHAT did you DO with our money?" It was almost scary how he said it, but it was hilarious because I knew exactly what he was talking about (and talking to for that matter). If you know that recent story, you'll think that's funny.
Well, sorry to bore you with dream stories...it's always more fun when you are half asleep and there to see and hear the whole thing! Sweet dreams.

5 comments:

  1. Ok so I seriously loved the stories you shared, I really did LOL. I have a story for you. Preston and Had only been married like a week, maybe two. we were asleep in bed when all of a sudden Preston rolls over start shaking me and say "Honey, honey wake up" (In a very urgent voice) I sit strait up in bed, "Huh what is it whats the matter" was my reponse. He reponse was "I'm spiderman" and rolled over and went back to sleep. I laid awake after that for about 20 mins and then went back to sleep. In the morning, I told him what he had said to me, and got kind of inbarased. but now it's the joke that will never die.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you make me laugh! Those were too funny... Poor Rich. Vak snores really bad and one night it was the loudest I had ever heard- so I took my phone and recorded it. The next morning I played it for him and asked him if he knew what that sound was and he said, "A train? A Semi?" He didn't believe me when I told him it was HIM! Oh yeah, the "WHAT LADIES" is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL like for a long time. I can see Rich doing every single thing you described. I just wish I were there. I would have been on the floor with my crazy loud laugh. I've had some pretty weird dreams too. maybe me and Rich are more alike than I thought. One night I sat up in my bed, and turned to Oscar, and starting hitting him. He looked at me like I was crazy.
    By the way, I'm laughing so hard right now, I'm crying... no longer able to see the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! That is so funny! Zach is really funny in his sleep too! It must be a guy thing! Our second night married, (Our honey moon) He started yelling kind of like how oyour husband was and suddenly started grabbing the covers and then punched me in the gut! I screamed and he woke up to me crying because it scared me! He was trying to catch a bear in his dream. . haha He felt so bad that for the next two nights he slept on the couch because he was so afraid of hurting me! I was scared too! (Caitlin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That seriously made me laugh out loud!!!

    ReplyDelete