Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bad Luck?

They say we create our own "luck." Hum, well, apparently Rich and I have attracted this:....Last week we had some really "bad luck" at Rich's work (won't get into that one though). I picked him up from work one day because we had some "bad luck" with his car that day (won't get into that story either). After we pulled into our driveway that day, I put the car in park took my foot off the brake and we rolled down the drive way. He gave me the look like, "oh girl, you just did that wrong." So I pulled up again and did things according to his instructions and we rolled down the driveway again. HA! It wasn't me! Yes, the parking brake broke. (By the way, our emergencey brake is hardly working anymore too). We just laughed because it was one more thing that went wrong that week...what the heck! Anyway, we haven't fixed the parking brake yet, and only Rich is strong enough to minipulate it back into place (so I can't drive it) and when we take my car somewhere now, we travel with these big stones to keep it from rolling when we park. I think it's pretty embarrassing...what do you think?
Yesterday, we were leaving to go somewhere (in Rich's car that is), and I noticed someone had hit my car! When did that happen!? Oh goody, one more thing we need to fix. They dented the top corner, broke the light, and broke the bumper. Cha, I love honest people.......(we still have no idea who did it).Close up...
Bummers! So then we got home last night, went on a nice walk, and came home and realized we locked ourselves out of the house. So needless to say we weren't thrilled to have to call a locksmith and pay $50 to get into our house.....ugh!!! Although, we did have fun running in circles around our culdesac chasing Jonah, and kicking a softball around until he got there!

5 comments:

  1. UGH!!! Thats awful! I've had some pretty bad car luck lately too. One of which is recently I blew a tire driving home from SLC and I had Caitlin and Jonah in the car with me and I didn't have a spare and so Vak had to come rescue us and we were stranded for about 2 hours and the next day I went to go get a new tire and we had to replace all 4 tires because its a quattro and so it cost over $600! ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that IS a bummer! Man, how was Jonah during all that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! that is quite the bad luck. Things can only get better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Caitlin) Jonah was actually pretty good the whole time, except the last 15 minutes or so. I think he thought the car was his new house. He did NOT want to live in a car! WOW! You have had bad luck lately! At least it makes for a funny story!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you forget that you have a perfectly handy brother in law to call. Memeber he used to brake into houses for the fun of it? You could have saved $50 if you have just let an experience ex-naughty boy help you out!!!

    ReplyDelete