Sunday, June 22, 2008

I feel loved:)

This morning as I was taking a shower, I kept hearing Julien yelling, "Mommy, don't look, I'm setting up your party!" So once I got out, he was SO excited to show me "my party." I'm not sure why he decided to throw me a party, but I loved it. He had "decorated" the whole house with random things (in random places), hence, the flip flops hanging from door knobs, play food cheese and baloney sticking out of my dresser, ect. He said they were the birthday decorations. He kept saying, "All your girls are here and Daddy is here too! You are going to have a slumber party!" So he took me all over the house and made me say hi to "my friends" and "husband." I think it is so cute how he used his imagination and how excited he was to surprise me. He kept saying, "Do you like it, Mommy?" I loved it! He even put a bunch of his toys in a gift bag and that was my present! Then tonight after I tucked him in bed, he said, (whispering),"Mommy, be really quiet when you go out in the living room, because all your girls are sleeping in there." I love my kids, they are so precious!








He wouldn't smile for me because he was laughing with excitement, so this is what I got of him...





9 comments:

  1. Vanessa your boys are ADORABLE!!! lol you gotta wonder where they come up with ideas like that, kids are the best :) Glad you're feeling loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vanessa! It's Jessica from EFY, Santa Barbara. I don't know if you remember me. I came across your blog and wanted to say hi. Your boys are so handsome and sweet. Thanks for sharing their sweet idea of throwing you a party. They sure do love you. Hope you and Rich are doing well. How's Utah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweetheart! These are the moments of motherhood that we hang onto during all of the tantrums and not so glamorous things of being the mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is REALLY cute. I can't wait till my boys are old enough to do that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the sweetest little boys! You've done such a good job with them! It's funny that the first thought that came to me when you said while you were taking a shower was"You let them roam the house ALONE!?" Guess my Jonah's obviously not trustworthy of that yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vanessa,
    It's good to hear from you! I totally remember watching the kids crawl and play in Grandma and Grandpa Wilken's living room. Julien has gotten so big since then. Jonah is SO cute, too. And the party story is so sweet. You have an adorable family. I'm excited you found our blog so we can keep in touch now. I can't wait to read your blog more often :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh i'm signed in on the wrong one! mypocketfullofposies is really the dunlop family! sorry! teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys are so cute!! I'm so glad I got to meet some of adam and MK's friends last night! When your hubby gets back and they go golfing ( which is very likely ), we will have to plan something fun for girls!

    ReplyDelete