Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Moving on...Moving out...

Well, as some of you know, we packed up and moved to Florida. We will be here for 4-5 months for a job. It all happened fast and it was hard to pack up everything and leave the place that we called home for the past 2 years. We loved this house and will miss it. Here are some pics of some of the rooms we personalized through painting and things.

Master Bedroom with Faux painting (may be hard to see here).
Made the frame for the mirror in guest bathroom, painted cabnits and walls.
Paint/ wood floors

Painted the walls, cabnits, new floors in kitchen.

So, we packed up our whole house in 2 days! I can thank my sister in law, Kari, for that, because without her help with our kids, we wouldn't have gotten that done! We also had help from some good men in the ward to move all of our stuff to storage! Thank you to those who helped out!!! I brought the boys over to the house after it was empty to let them say goodbye and hopefully somewhat understand what was happening...here are some pictures from that......

Jonah walked around, pretty confused, saying, "eh go?? eh go??" Julien was pretty amazed to see everything was gone, and we walked from room to room saying, "good bye, kitchen, playroom, ect." Then Julien said, "Don't worry, House, someone else is coming for you." I loved this picture of him hugging the walls, saying goodbye. We love this house.

Just a fun one....so long house!!!


8 comments:

  1. awwww...love that picture of him hugging the wall with his eyes closed...so cute! Love the faux finish...looks like OUR house!!! hahahhha Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness your in Florida?! did you sell the house or will you be back in it in the Fall? Good luck on the big change, make new friends and have some fun, because it's not going to last forever.
    Terri Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so happy you remember me! :) Leah and Hank live in provo and are finishing up at BYU. (they did go to china for a year a couple years ago). Sarah has a little girl named Avery and another on the way! I'll tell my family you two said hello! As you know, my family absolutely adores Rich and I'll show them your blog so they can see your cute kids!

    xoxo,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sad! Your house looks so cute. I hope everything goes well in Florida! You're brave to be making that trip with 2 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house was sooo cute! I dont know how you did all that in two days!.. and made the trip with two kids! I'm having a hard enough time doing the move with one! I hope everything works out this summer! It's funny we are going to be in the same position. Just try to think of it as an adventure and some day you can makeover a whole new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vanessa,
    My email is us@michaelandannacosta.com so if you want to send me an email I can you get you my folks #!! I actually have more questions too! Like, where is Rich working, where exactly do you live...

    Thx!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! This is so sweet. I can't say that I'm not sad that you're gone, because I'm so very sad. I don't like that I can't call and ya know, "play". I know everything will work out for you, just so long as you take Carrie Underwood's song into place... "Jesus Take The Wheel". He's there for us... just waiting for us to come to him. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house is sooo cute!!! I love it. You have excellent taste and have done such a good job decorating and re-due things. Keep me updated on how things are going this summer!

    ReplyDelete