Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Aunt's visit part 2

While my aunt was here (see post below), she wanted to get the boys matching outfits to take some pictures. So we went and found these at Kohl's. I love the outfits. So our first attempt to take pictures at a park lasted about 2 minutes. I was bummed cause I really liked the setting. We got eaten alive by mosquitoes and I think Cooper got bit right away because before I even set him down he was screaming crying. So there we were trying to get the kids to ignore the mosquitoes that were attacking them and sit and smile....yeah right. They were just as annoyed as us adults were at the bugs. And then we tried to take a few shots of all three boys but the Coop-man was not a happy camper. We promised the kids that if they were good for the pictures (sitting still, smiling, no whining, etc.) then they could play at the park. Since the mosquitoes were so bad we ended up leaving that park and Jonah was soooo crushed, but we ended up at a school and finished the photo shoot there and then they played. We were losing light fast and the kids were not sitting the way we would pose them (you know how it goes) so between my aunt and I we just snapped as many as we could without caring about angles all that much. So considering how "non professionally" we shot these, we ended up with a few good ones and lots of funny ones, so I am very happy with them. I love my handsome dudes! And again, Rich was away working his little tail off for us, so no family shots this time. I loved this one of Julien. Just ignore Jonah's shirt in the bottom corner there, I didn't want to crop Julien's head just to edit it out.







I'm pretty sure that Jonah is holding a mosquito bite in those pictures above. But what a sport!






Would have been perfect if Cooper was happy! Notice the mosquito on Cooper's shirt!



These ones crack me up! This is them wanting to get out of there, away from the bugs! Jonah was trying extra hard because he wanted to play at the park so badly!

LOCATION 2





How do you get three squirmy boys to all smile at the camera at the same time????





After the boys ran off to play we snapped a few more of Cooper...






I'm so happy it's summer! Not excited about this heat, just excited to be able to do more with my kids. My sister and her family fly in tonight and we have a fun week planned. Can't wait to take some pictures of my beautiful niece!

4 comments:

  1. These pictures are all so beautiful Vanessa! You really do have a great eye for good shots and your kids take care of the rest by being so dang cute! Love those matching outfits and Coopers cute smile when he is sitting in his bumbo seat. I don't blame him for hating the mosquitos. I hate them too!! uggg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so much fun to look at! Your kids make me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Vanessa, I totally remember you! I am glad you commented on my blog. How are you. Your kids have grown up so much. That is awesome you are going to homeschool. You will do great!! What program are you using?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i love your cute lil boys! even though i've never met them i just love them! they are adorable!

    ReplyDelete