Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve is my favorite day of the year.  I think my kids are pretty fond of it too.  This year it was a busy day and didn't seem like Christmas Eve.  I wasn't even with my family for most of the day, well, except for the Cooper.  Finally, by night time, we were all together and we did our Christmas Eve traditions.  The kids got new p.j.s and a new ornament that they get to open.   We brought the tree down from the counter (if you saw that post).  Cooper did just what we thought he would...clobber it and knock it over and pulled off the ornaments.  He was as big as the tree!  But we just brought it down for the traditions and then put it up until they were asleep and brought it back down again for Santa.  We put out cookies for Santa and I read them a Christmas story and that was our night.  Can't tell you how much we miss being with extended family during the holidays.  Even though we have our own traditions and love being with our little family, we miss the big group of family we had in St. George, UT, and CA.  We always feel a bit of a void around the holidays, but that doesn't mean we don't still enjoy them, because we do. The kids make it fun, we just miss everyone else. 


Add caption



It's really hard to get a picture of the three of them together.  Here Cooper is trying to get away, like he does, and Jonah is crying because he wanted to hold Cooper.  I'll take what I can get!



Is it just me or does Julien look like a teenager here?!


We had 4 packages of presents that were mailed to us this year, so I saved them to put out with the Santa gifts.  They were so amazed when they woke up!

1 comment:

  1. I love Cooper trying to escape Julien. Yes, Julien does look so much older! Not too fast my little man.

    ReplyDelete