Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Witte Museum

My dad got some VIP tickets to the Witte Museum.  The current exhibit there is "Amazon Voyage: Vicious Fishes and Other Riches.  Doing something different is always fun and we knew the kids would love it!  Unfortunately, we couldn't use flash photography inside so I didn't get much of that, but outside was fun too.

Since we were VIP we got to enter in a different way (oooh!!) and that lead us into a room with free snacks and drinks.  My kids probably would have been cool with just that.  They thought they were in heaven.  As they were eating, they were already saying "this is the coolest museum ever!"  And Cooper who very rarely has crackers started laughing every time I handed him one!  It was too cute!


Before entering the Amazon exhibit.  Dinosaur bones!!!  Can it get any better for these two?!  Actually, Jonah did look up at me and whisper, "they are dead, right Mom?"
My camera=no good without a flash.  But can you sort-kinda tell they were having a blast?!  (Not a real snake folks).

Boy Heaven!

 The H-E-Buddy Skycycle




 This is how it works (quoted from website):
The counterweight on the bottom of the cycle lowers the center of gravity making the cycle stable. The weight below the cycle is heavier than you are and pulls the cycle firmly on to the rail.

You can't tell in this picture but this is pretty high up and is over a river. 

One of the greatest things about living in San Antonio is that there is so much to do!  The kids had a blast at the museum.  I guess we kind of raced through the exhibit a little too fast because after we left, Julien said, "I didn't learn anything."  Maybe next time we will spend a little more time reading the displays and exploring.  They were just so eager to see what was next!  A big thanks to my dad who not only got us the tickets and spent the day with us, but also spent too much time trying to help us jump start our van, only to find that it wasn't fully in park and didn't need to be jumped!  Good times.  My ghetto van is still giving me trouble, but at least that day we discovered the real problem and now when I'm sitting in the parking lot and it won't start, I just give it a good shove into park and we're off!  Gotta love it!  Thanks Dad!!!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Looks like you guys had a great time. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bike/tight rope thingy looks fun...scary, but fun!! What a neat museum!

    ReplyDelete